To draw attention to the important role that safe, decent and affordable housing plays in eliminating barriers to a better, healthier, more financially stable life, Fauquier Habitat for Humanity is asking you to participate in a World Habitat Day workplace giving campaign throughout the month of October. Proceeds will go to fulfill our mission of creating safe and affordable housing for local residents.
Our programs include Neighborhood Revitalization (a holistic, resident-driven, program to create vibrant, safe and inviting neighborhoods), Critical Home Repair (making homes safe and accessible for low-income and physically challenged families) and New Home Construction (building homes alongside our partner families who, when completed, pay an affordable mortgage).
We hope you will participate and help fund these critical programs!
Here’s how the World Habitat Day campaign works:
- Fauquier Habitat will provide World Habitat Day pinups to participating businesses.
- For a donation of $1 or more, customers and employees can write their names on a pin-up.
- Businesses can craft a signed pinup display in a high traffic area.
- Employers can also motivate employees to support Fauquier Habitat’s work locally, by matching contributions and creating internal incentives.
- Fauquier Habitat will mention all participating businesses and encourage patronage in a press release, on social media and on our website.
- Fauquier Habitat will also recognize the three businesses who collect the most donations.
If you or your business would like to participate or have questions, please contact Rebecca Frye The deadline to sign up to participate is September 28 to ensure we get your kits to you in time!
Our sincere thanks to yo for your support of this critically important mission!
The Fauquier Habitat for Humanity Team