PLEASE NOTE: We are no longer accepting applications as we are in the interviewing phase. Thank you.
Job Summary: Provide support to the Executive Director, Affiliate Senior Staff, and FHFH committees. Primary duties include reception, light bookkeeping, data entry, volunteer coordination, family services, filing, and mail processing. This position is full-time 8:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.
Reports To: Executive Director
Skills Required: Must have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills. Strong data entry and PC skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite. Intuit QuickBooks experience a plus.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide reception coverage Monday through Friday 9 am to 4 pm.
- Collect, process and distribute mail to appropriate affiliate staff and committee chairs.
- Answer incoming phone calls and retrieve general voice mail.
- Organize meetings.
- Log checks and prepare bank deposit.
- Order office supplies, oversee routine maintenance of computers and printers.
- Prepare and execute volunteer recruitment, retention and appreciation process.
- Meet with construction staff regularly and maintain volunteer calendar to meet construction needs.
- Respond to all individual volunteer inquiries.
- Act as liaison to other organizations that are sending volunteers.
- Maintain volunteer database; keep records of volunteer activities, teams, number of hours worked, contact information, etc.
- Arrange for lunch at build sites.
- Ensure that volunteer liability waivers and other volunteer paperwork is processed properly.
- Contribute content for volunteer related articles and posts.
- Provide staff support to Family Selection Committee, including scheduling, coordinating and attending committee meetings.
- Implement Family Services Policy and make sure current practices are consistent with policies.
- Review and update Family Services Policy to reflect current practice and new legal issues.
- Manage homeowner selection process.
- Review pre-applications and send appropriate acknowledgement.
- Assist Family Selection committee with application orientation meetings.
- Track and screen applications before submitting to Family Selection Committee for review.
- Set appropriate timelines for Family Selection Committee and notify families of their status in timely manner.
- Maintain homeowner files.
- Track sweat equity hours and send monthly sweat equity reports.
- Keep partner families abreast of upcoming classes, events, and sweat equity opportunities.
- Maintain communication with Family Nurturers and keep records of specific issues on file.
Light Bookkeeping – Affiliate & ReStore
- Obtain appropriate approvals for all disbursements.
- Receipts – maintain accurate records of all cash and in-kind donations.
- Accounts payable – write checks for all payables including construction, non-construction, ReStore, payroll and tax deposits.
- Process payroll for affiliate and ReStore
- Provide Loan Servicing for affiliate mortgages
- Maintain appropriate financial records including mortgages, vendor invoices, payroll, bank statements, and homeowner paperwork.
Assist with additional projects as they arise.
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume with the subject line ADMINISTRATOR.
Beautiful things are happening in Huntly as friends and family join together to help Erin and Jason Haley build their home.
Starting with a bare foundation, the Haley family and volunteers from Fauquier and Rappahannock Counties, including some from Golden Rule Builders and H.C. Lane & Son LLC, have made great progress. This is thanks in part to Judi Burke, super-volunteer from the Rappahannock UMC, who has been keeping the crew well fed. And of course to Bill Mercer, our gifted Site Manager!
We’re building on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. No experience is needed. Learn more and sign up here.
The weather is great, the view is stellar, and every hand makes a difference!